The Summer Celebration of Choice has come to an end. We're still catching up on all we fell behind on while working on our tans last week! But some of our great friends have wrap-ups for you.
- From Erin Matson at NOW, "A Summer of Choice: What We Learned in Germantown."
- From the Feminist Majority Foundation, campus organizer Sarah Shanks writes "Summer of Choice Unites Community Abortion Activists" and campus organizer Laura Kacere writes "They Say No Choice, We Say Pro Choice!"
- From the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, a press release "Positive and Affirming: Volunteers Stand as A Spiritual and Moral Force at Summer Celebration of Choice" and a blog entry "A Joyous Celebration of Choice" by Communications Director Marjorie Signer.
- From Words of Choice, Cindy Cooper writes "Summer of Celebration: We Say, Thank You, Doctors!"
- From the World Can't Wait, a Flickr photo set called "Summer of Trust/Summer of Choice" and a blog entry "Defending Abortion Doctor Carhart and the Lives of Women".
- The grassroots "Summer of Trust" group has more blogs, pictures, and links at www.summeroftrust.com.
Thank you so much to everyone for the great blog posts and photos, and thank you too to the hundreds of people who stood with us, donated to us or fundraised for us, brought us food or coffee or water, gave rides, made signs and banners and flyers, offered us crash space or fellowship space or the use of their bathrooms, spread the word and talked friends into coming, or just honked and waved driving past. Thanks too to the law enforcement officers and local officials who helped keep us all safe. And lastly, thanks to Operation Rescue and its cronies: without them, the inspiring, invigorating, connection-making, nine-day-long abortion-rights organizing meeting that was the Summer Celebration of Choice could not have happened.
Please keep an eye on our e-mail announcement list for further updates!